Carolyn, thanks for this gift! With all the crappy news at every turn, it’s nice to have something that points to much happier and even joyous times. And dance music is exactly that. Not only is it “the soundtrack to our lives,” but those memories and trigger all sorts of good feeling inside and inspire us to go a little bit further and reach for brighter times.
Now … I’m throwing these out as favorites of mine.
- “Dancing in the Street” by Martha and the Vandellas (yes, it’s an OLDIE, but it’s aged well)
- “Express Yourself” by Madonna
- “Break Free” by Ariana Grande
- “Save a Horse Ride a Cowboy” by Big and Rich
- “I Gotta Feeling” by The Black Eyed Peas
- “I Wanna Dance with Somebody” by Whitney Houston
- “Safety Dance” (Glee Cast Version)
- “Kiss the Sky” by Jason Derulo
- “Vogue” by Madonna
- “Starships” by Nicki Minaj
Thanks for bringing the positive energy!